5/25/10

Yoga, candles, babies and Highway maps...






Okay, so the last few days have been pretty interesting as all get out. First off

Babies

id like to say CONGRADULATIONS TABBY!!!!!! This morning at 1:13 am my very dear friend Tabitha gave birth to her second child Olivia. Yes I got the text a little after 3 as i was laying there waiting for my phone to go off. SOOOO excited and am going to go see her and the baby ojn thursday. PIcs to follow!! Super happy she is so beautiful and after 9 days past due it was certainly time for her to be born lol.

Yoga and Candles

As some of you already know i work in a Urgent Care with phones and computers and angry stupid people all day :) so shortly after starting work there my neck began giving me real pain ( imagine that) followed by bad headaches and even some nausea. So I went to get massages off and on and they definately help but something didnt quit seem right with my neck. Finally the last time i went the woman giving me the massage looked at me and asked if id been injured recently and were I worked because she noticed something was off with my neck. When laying flat on my back my neck and chin would tilted always to left even when i tried to straighten it. So long story short she suggested physical therapy....(lol yeah 1,000 deductable no way) or chiropracter ( yeah whacking and smacking my body just doesnt sound terribly healthy) or yoga and stretching...HMMM Yoga sounds like the least expensive so I joined a gym and two weeks ago went to it. I LOVED IT!!! There wasnt any of the "okay lets all light a candle and find our inner monkey" like I thought thered be. Just relaxing music and I felt fantastic afterwords. I am hoping this will help my neck get positioned back to were it needs to be. and the stretching. Which reminds me: does anyone know of some good stretches or something that is great for releiving tension in the neck?

Candles
So Last week I had a day off work and was planning on spending it relaxing and catching up onn some reading. After I got home from yoga :) I made some delicious dark chocolate brownies and added some chocolate chips to it. Yes it was one of those days when you just need to slip on some sweats and sit on the couch, hair in a bun, eating deliciously fatty foods and just be girly!!

Awe Nestle it was love at first sight. The ultimate in chocolate. I see you and I smile :)




I LOVE Brownies!!!! YES YES YES. Chocolate hot is like a sunny day at the beach!!




Well after the delicious brownies had cooled enough for consumption I changed into some comfy Yoga pants, grabbed a book and headed to my favorite spot on the couch for some serious relaxation.

So I just started reading this amazing book by Debby Pearl. I know im not married but its really something that would be good to read right now and better prepare yourself to be the wife and helper you were called to be. This is such an encouraging book. My friend Tabithats Mother loaned it to me to read. I would definately encourage you to read it. Especially if your married wether happily or not. It will transform your relationship!!!



3 comments:

  1. I have that book :) read it a couple years ago... it's a good one.

    Kinda like deciding what you want in a future spouse. You aren't "shopping" you're just setting the standard. That book is like setting the standard for what kind of wife you will be.

    Anyway... wish I was there! Your girly day sounds fabulous! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am glad to find out that you didn't find your inner monkey;)

    And that book is amazing! I'm reading it through for the second time in a year right now. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete