5/17/10

Singles group?

Singles group?...Um did I hear you correctly? Excuse me while I put down my glass of water and try not to choke from sheer laughter. Me going to a single group? never would I of thought that but yes I did. Even now I shake my head. Okay so it wasnt like the five second sit down speed dating thing. I draw the line there. But this past sunday I visited a rather large church in Tualatin that happened to have a 20s 30 adult singles group aka bible study. At first I thought "Oh no not me. Im not walking in and being all.'Hi I need help finding a man so I am going to go in with a group of fellow "desperate" people and try and meet someone." lol At least that's how I looked at it. isnt everyone gonna be "casing the joint" rather than focusing on God? Or wont the people in there be single for good reason? not that im some grand catch but I just thought that's what all the wild people did was join the "singles" bible studies?
Well, shockingly enough my parents were encouraging me to go and I have been wanting tom get plugged into a small group with people gym age. Seriously were I work the only "men" or heck even people that come in are drug seeking, Vicodin popping freaks or people that look like there going to drop dead from the flu.....hmmmm not very appealing. And when im not working there im working out at a women's gym or home cooking or cleaning or hanging out with my pretty much all married girlfriends. The pool of single people including my dear girlfriends in shrinking and drying up. I feel like a tadpole that was once swimming freely in beautiful stream with all her friends, happy as a clam, and now im flopping in a sludgepuddle whilst all my friends have married a assumed the status of full grown frog.
So yes aside from that rather out there definition I am sure you get what I mean. If not then your prob married lol. so I decided I would at least try it once? what could it hurt right? So this past Sunday I went with my parents to church and after wandering around for like five minutes trying to find the singles room i finally came to it. And wouldn't you know but i was five minutes late and every single chair was taken. Oh and the room was really small so as I opened the door and stepped in half the people stopped talking and looked up..."um yeah hi im just gonna go shoot myself" Ever have those moments in your life when you just wanna scream and run. Well one table was nice enough to make room and of course as these things usually work out she started with "oh yeah so this week were not doing things how we normally do" Oh joy. but in all honesty as I sat there listening to everyone talk I realized this was a really great group of people. They all earnestly loved God and had a real desire to grow and serve him and reach out to the community. Nobody was (or at least most everyone) casing the joint or LOOKING DESPERATE. I was rather surprised it was just like a normal small group the only difference was that everyone in there was single. I found out from talking to one of the women after that they have a several small groups that meet during the week. So we shall see what happens with that. I loved the church though. The worship music absolutely thrilled me and the sermon was great!!! Cant wait till nest week :)

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh... I'm so glad that you posted something! :D :D :D

    Haha... your analogy made me laugh, Jamie-girl... :D

    I miss your sense of humor and ready wit... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me laugh dear roomie:D And I am soooooo glad you posted something too!
    Oh, I miss you and our wonderfully long talks♥

    ReplyDelete